Ellis engineers will work to select the best model and materials of construction to maximize oil separation while minimizing O&M costs.
Ellis has a full line of filter press sizes ranging from 250 mm to 2,000 mm, to handle a wide variety of dewatering applications.
Ellis offers a wide variety of filter cloth material and can assist in selecting the best for your application.
The filter press is a great solution for solids separation in batch processes. Other technologies have minimum requirements for optimal solids separation and will not work unless there is a sufficient amount of feed available.
The filter press has been engineered to deliver the best quality separation at lowest O&M cost. Other technologies can be expensive, noisy, energy consumptive, and do not always work. The filter press works efficiently and effectively.
How it works
The filter press is a series of specially designed plates that dewater sludge through pressing. The process starts as sludge fills the spacing between the plates (below).
The plates are hydraulically compressed (below) and the solids are essentially squeezed in between the plates. Clean liquid effluent collects in channels through the plates and discharges out the opposite end of compression.
After maximum compression is achieved the plates are returned to original position and the solids fall out from between the plates (below). An air and water cleaning cycle is then utilized to clean any solids potentially remaining between the plates.
- Algae Removal
- Animal Food Production
- Dairy & Mil Byproducts
- Dyeing & Finishing Textiles
- Energy Production Byproducts Treatment & Conditioning
- Food Packaging & Processing Byproducts
- Frozen Food Processing
- Groundwater Remediation
- Heavy Metal Removal
- Industrial & Commercial Laundries
- Industrial Floor Wash-down Solids Separation and Conditioning
- Juice Separation and Conditioning
- Meat Packing & Processing Byproducts
- Oil & Petrochemical Production
- Pre-biologic Pressing Treatment/Conditioning
- Preparation of Parts for Painting
- Pulp & Paper Production
- Secondary Biological Solids Removal
- Secondary Sludge Thickening (Industrial & Municipal)
- Steel Mill Production
- Storm Water Runoff
- Vehicle & Fleet Washing